Always one step ahead of the game, Bart Skils has established himself as one of Holland’s most respected and highly demanded techno dj’s. His dj sets are celebrated by techno lovers as extremely forward thinking and musically well constructed.
Being part of Adam Beyer’s leading techno imprint Drumcode Records with likeminded artists such as Alan Fitzpatrick, Joseph Capriati, Nicole Moudaber, Luigi Madonna and Sam Paganini they represent the future of the forward thinking techno generation.
His constant flow of top quality releases are internationally rated as some of the most cutting edge techno tracks focussing on pure dancefloor grooves and atmosphere. His massive productions gave him opportunities to remix artists like Moby, Joris Voorn, Nicole Moudaber, Kaiserdisco, Johannes Heil and Kollektiv Turmstrasse.
Besides his passion for dj-ing and producing Skils’ long running residency at his own Amsterdam based imprint “Voltt” have proven pivotal in bringing Amsterdam’s New School generation together. Voltt is widely regarded as one of the leading events in Amsterdam’s internationally acclaimed scene. His massive outdoor festival “Voltt Loves Summer” is praised by many as an absolute highlight of the year; over 15.000 party people attend yearly at an old shipyard in Amsterdam.
His in demand gigs and tour schedule brought him to numerous venues and events worldwide like Awakenings Amsterdam, Berghain Berlin, Fabric London, Cocorico Italy, Rex Paris and Wire festival Tokyo. With these continuous gigs all over Europe and constant flow of releases Skils’ dj star has been rising steadily and is shining bright. Persistently rocking venues and festival sites, he has further underlined his position as one of Amsterdam’s most reliable and authorative dj’s. Bart’s long lasting experience as a dj and his ability to move effortlessly from deep hypnotizing grooves to rolling peaktime techno make Skils a sure-fire crowdmover at any given party.
In 2018 they won the Tune of the Year award with ‘The Air I Breathe’ and now they are ready for the next chapter. ‘Save You’ combines Richard’s catchy melodies with Christina’s enchanting voice.
As certain as the sun setting across San Antonio Bay each night, throughout every Ibiza season there is a record that becomes the track of the summer. This year Roberto Surace’s ‘Joys’ has undoubtedly been that track, with his Defected label debut soaring to Beatport and Traxsource #1, while maintaining the top spot of the Ibiza Shazam chart for weeks. Now, after teasing his mix to eager crowds at Defected Croatia and his many festival gigs over the summer, Purple Disco Machine gives a masterclass in transformative remixing, lending his disco-tinged sound to ‘Joys’. Moving away from the grittier original, the rubbery bassline and melodic keys of Purple Disco Machine’s remix have universal dancefloor appeal, making it the perfect club track for those searching for a fresh groove-laden cut.
Two Strangers offshoot Strangers Beats continues a strong start with a new EP from Weird Sounding Dude. Long one of India’s most intriguing artists, the Bangalore resident has recently found a home on Juicebox Music, If You Wait and Strange Town Recordings. Now landing on Antrim’s burgeoning Strangers Beats, Weird Sounding Dude presents his ‘Dreamers’ EP.
- Max Meyer x Wilderness & A-Line – Forest Man PROFF Remix (00:00:31)
- Joseph Ray – Room 1.5 (Anjunadeep) (00:05:40)
- The Midnight – Kids [PROFF Remix] (Silk Music) (00:12:19)
- RECORD OF THE WEEK: Andrew Bayer – Bottle Top Trance (Anjunabeats) (00:16:02)
- Above & Beyond feat. Zoë Johnston – There’s Only You No Mana Remix (00:21:11)
- Tash Sultana – Can’t Buy Happiness Maor Levi Remix (00:25:54)
- AxelPolo & Misja Helsloot pres. Dark Echo – Dark Side (Suanda Progressive) (00:30:56)
- Ronski Speed pres. Sun Decade – Follow You Bryn Liedl Remix (00:35:26)
- Emerge – The Force (Elliptical Sun Recordings) (00:39:15)
- Nora En Pure – Birthright [Dosem Remix] (Enormous Tunes) (00:44:19)
- Billie Eilish – idontwannabeyouanymore Judah Remix (00:49:13)
- Ben Böhmer, Nils Hoffmann & Malou – Breathing (Anjunadeep) (00:55:18)
- PUSH THE BUTTON: Grum – Stay (Anjunabeats) (01:00:04)
- Freefall feat. Jan Johnston – Skydive [Paul Thomas & Bluum pres. BPT Remix] (FSOE UV) (01:06:17)
- BLR – Carillion (Spinnin’) (01:13:09)
- BLR – Odyssee (Spinnin’) (01:17:19)
- CamelPhat & Jake Bugg – Be Someone Cristoph Remix (01:21:52)
- FLASHBACK: Cubicolor – Black Vines (Anjunadeep) (01:25:35)
- GUEST MIX: THE MIDNIGHT: The Midnight – Crystalline [Dan Sieg Remix] (Silk Music) (01:30:30)
- GUEST MIX: THE MIDNIGHT: The Midnight – Lost Boy [A.M.R Remix] (Silk Music) (01:36:30)
- GUEST MIX: THE MIDNIGHT: The Midnight – Collateral [Kobana Remix] (Silk Music) (01:41:18)
- GUEST MIX: THE MIDNIGHT: The Midnight – America Online (White) (01:45:31)
- GUEST MIX: THE MIDNIGHT: SYML – Clean Eyes The Midnight Remix (01:51:03)
- GUEST MIX: THE MIDNIGHT: The Midnight – Tokyo Night Train (White) (01:54:49)
The latest single from his upcoming ‘Parallels’ EP, ‘Bottle Top Trance’ sees Andrew Bayer at his creative best.